Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Glammin' it up!

I love the feeling of accomplishment! My hubby and I moved to a new house almost a year ago, and I tell you, unashamedly, I LOVE MY HOUSE! Though, if I'm honest with myself, I have to admit that it's probably a bit more than we need right now. I just wanted to get something that we could grow into through the years.

However, I'm quickly learning just how long it takes to get "settled" in a new home. Don't get me wrong....all the boxes are unpacked, and pretty much everything has a "place". Understand, not everything stays in its place....did I mention our soon-to-be 2-year-old?!

My idea of being "settled" includes adequate furniture in each room, paint on all the walls, and a few knick-knacks or pictures strategically placed to draw the eye away from the flaws that you eventually get around to fixing.

Well, we are far from settled. There is still no dining room table, we need new furniture in at least 3 other rooms, I've only painted one room (and I don't like my color choice so I'll be repainting soon), and we have very few pictures hanging on the wall (the whole "strategically placed" concept is a foreign subject to me).

But I can finally say that I've accomplished a task which I consider HUGE! I installed shelves in one of my favorite rooms...my CLOSET! I have about 2 dozen pairs of shoes. I can't help it. Many of you may not know this about me, but I'm a shoe girl. I love shoes. I like funky shoes, classic shoes, boots, heels, tennis shoes, and flip flops. I buy them as often as I can. The problem? I don't buy nice clothes with which to wear these fabulous shoes! So I have a closet full of shoes that I rarely wear. And they have been piled in the floor of my closet for almost a year.

I went to Lowe's about 3 months ago and bought the supplies and tools I needed to install the shelves, and they have been sitting in my bedroom floor since the day I bought them. Until this week......

Monday night my 12-year-old niece spent the night with me, and we stayed up until almost 11:00 putting in the shelves. When we finally finished and put the shoes on the shelves, I felt like a glamour girl with a closet fit for a celebrity!

Next project? Fill my closet with fabulous clothes! I've got to give my shoes an excuse to come out of the closet! haha! Happy Shopping!

1 comment:

lilsis said...

Where are the pictures?? Your shoes are welcome to come out of the closet anytime and come to my house. You know we wear the same size.